Terms & Conditions (for serviced apartments)
These conditions concern all bookings made, whether through website, email, telephone or other means. You accept these conditions yourself and on behalf of all members of your party whether you are booking as a guest or on behalf of others is with Astoria Hotel, 311 Hagley Road, Edgbaston, and Birmingham.
In addition by visiting or using our website, you agree to comply with these Terms & Booking Conditions.
Any booking made by you shall be deemed to be an offer by you to purchase the relevant serviced apartment arrangements subject to these conditions. A contract between you and ASTORIA HOTEL shall only come into existence:
– if booking by telephone, once your Reservations Manager has confirmed acceptance of your payment details; or
– if booking via our website or email and the requested apartment is available, once you receive confirmation by email of your booking. It is your responsibility to check your emails regularly and to advise us of any change to your email address.
We reserve the right to refuse, at our sole discretion, any booking you make with us. It is the responsibility of the booker to notify ASTORIA HOTEL at the time of booking of the names of the relevant guests and whether they are adults or minors. Bookings for accommodation require at least one full name for each apartment. For maximum occupancy in an apartment see Clause 8 below.
At ASTORIA HOTEL operated apartments, non-corporate bookings will not be accepted from any paying guests under the age of 23. Proof of identification and date of birth may be requested at check-in. Should proof of identification and date of birth not be presented on request, ASTORIA HOTEL reserves the right to cancel the booking.
Please check your details carefully before you book as incorrect or incomplete details may result in the booking being cancelled. Passport, visa and health requirements for you and your party are your responsibility. You are advised to ensure that you put in place appropriate travel insurance policies to cover cancellation, medical cover and cover for loss or damage to personal property during your stay.
To confirm your booking ASTORIA HOTEL requires a confirmation e-mail, letter or Telephone bookings are confirmed only when ASTORIA HOTEL has accepted the booking in writing or by email and has taken payment. Any deposits paid will be forfeited if payment is not made prior to arrival. Payment in full is required at the time of booking, unless otherwise agreed in writing. We reserve the right to suspend or cancel and re-let any bookings that are not paid prior to arrival.
Payment should be made either through ASTORIA HOTEL’s nominated websites or through the following methods of payment:
– Debit or Credit Card (Visa, MasterCard, Switch, Solo, Maestro, Delta).
– Pounds Sterling or Company Cheque made payable to “ASTORIA Hotel”.
– Bank Transfer: Pounds sterling (Bank details are available on request).
We may pass your debit/credit card details to a third party to process any payments all receipts will be issued by us.
Where ASTORIA HOTEL is unable to confirm the initial requested accommodation, an alternative may be provided and an email or other notification will be sent to inform you of the details. ASTORIA HOTEL will endeavor to hold the reservation for 48 hours in order for you to signify acceptance by making payment in full.
As soon as your confirmation and invoice are received, please check the details carefully. If anything is not correct you should tell ASTORIA HOTEL immediately. However, we regret ASTORIA HOTEL cannot accept any liability if it is not notified of any inaccuracy in any documentation within 48 hours of it being sent out. If there is an obvious error in the confirmation or invoice, ASTORIA HOTEL reserves the right to correct it as soon as we become aware of it and will do so within 7 days of issue of the confirmation or invoice or, if your arrival date is within 7 days of booking, no later than 24 hours before your arrival date. If any of these changes are material and are not acceptable, then you will be entitled to a full refund.
The rates we advertise are to the best of our knowledge correct at the date of publication but we reserve the right to change any rates from time to time. Rates can go up or down. Rates quoted are based on the rates prevailing at the time a booking is confirmed (in the currency requested). Once a booking has been confirmed ASTORIA HOTEL will not change the rate quoted unless you amend the booking or our cost of supplying the accommodation changes as a result of currency fluctuations. VAT is charged at the rate in force at the time of booking.
A refundable deposit of £100 may be charged for weekend stays (Friday to Sunday) covering additional charges that may be incurred during your current (or any future) booking with ASTORIA HOTEL, breakages and damages may be taken at the time of booking. ASTORIA HOTEL reserves the right to deduct from the deposit without further notice, all amounts chargeable under these Booking Conditions, including, but not limited to, further accommodation charges.
A refundable deposit of £150 may be charged for any booking less than 7 nights. Therefore a total of
£250 deposit may be charged on a weekend booking, staying less than 7 nights.
Within one week of any deduction of any additional charges from a deposit, ASTORIA HOTEL will provide the booker by e-mail or otherwise with a breakdown of the issues and the applicable additional charges. If additional charges are taken from the deposit, the remainder of the deposit will be refunded to the person who paid the deposit at the end of the guest’s stay after an inspection of the apartment occupied and subject to settlement of all charges owing to ASTORIA HOTEL.
4. Payment of Additional Charges
Valid credit/debit card details must be supplied at the time of booking to cover additional charges incurred during your current (or any future) booking with ASTORIA HOTEL for breakages and damages. ASTORIA HOTEL reserves the right to deduct from the relevant credit/debit card, without further notice, all amounts chargeable under these conditions, including, but not limited to, further accommodation charges.
ASTORIA HOTEL reserves the right to vary additional charges without notice.
Upon arrival at the apartment debit/credit card details may also be taken as security for any additional charges (which may be charged separately by ASTORIA HOTEL).
Within one week of any deduction of any additional charges from a debit/credit card, ASTORIA HOTEL will provide the booker by e-mail or otherwise with a breakdown of the issues and the applicable additional charges. In relation to any additional charge payable, in the event that payment under a debit/credit card is declined, for any reason, or no card details are provided, ASTORIA HOTEL reserves the right to charge the booker or guest direct and this invoice is payable within 7 days of issue.
ASTORIA HOTEL serviced apartments, additional charges include:
– Cleaning: ASTORIA HOTEL expects the apartments to be left in a reasonable state on departure. If, at ASTORIA HOTEL discretion, additional cleaning is required on departure, the cost of this cleaning will be charged as an additional charge. When the duration of the reservation is in excess of 28 days, a discretionary final cleaning charge of up to £100 plus VAT may be charged. In addition, if an apartment is deemed unfit for occupation, the booker /guest will be obliged to pay compensation to ASTORIA HOTEL for loss of revenues in addition to the costs of cleaning and repair. ASTORIA HOTEL reserves the right to charge £100 plus VAT (in addition to the general cleaning charges) for specialist cleaning to an apartment and/or its contents where smoking has taken place in a smoke free building.
– Damages: Damages to the apartment or contents caused by the guest must be paid in full by the booker. In the event of any breakages or damage discovered after the guest vacates, ASTORIA HOTEL will notify the booker by e-mail within 1 week of the guest’s departure, providing a detailed breakdown of the issues and the cost of rectifying them. Where possible, photographic evidence will also be supplied. Inventories and condition reports can be provided at the beginning and at the end of the accommodation period if required at a cost of £50 + VAT.
– Keys: ASTORIA HOTEL will issue the guest with sets of keys (as relevant) and extra keys are available on request. If the issued keys are not returned on departure a charge of up to £60 plus VAT will be made to the booker. If between the hours of 6 pm and 9 am a guest locks themselves out of the property and/or the apartment and requires assistance to re-enter the property and/or the apartment, ASTORIA HOTEL reserves the right to charge £100 plus VAT call out charge in addition to the charge for lost keys.
– Call Outs: If the emergency call out number is used to call out the apartment manager between the hours of 10 pm and 6 am for any purpose other than an emergency, ASTORIA HOTEL reserves the right to charge the booker a call out fee of £100 plus VAT.
– Storage of Luggage: Where facilities are available and at its discretion ASTORIA HOTEL can store guest’s luggage at an additional charge.
– Internet: Internet is available in all apartment locations via a Wi-Fi router. Where internet is offered,
– ASTORIA HOTEL will make every effort to ensure that the service is available at all times, but cannot guarantee any internet or broadband connection availability. If there is a fault which is deemed by ASTORIA HOTEL to be associated with the user’s hardware or software, no support will be available.
Use of the internet is on the understanding that under no circumstances will ASTORIA HOTEL be held responsible for any actions that may arise from the use of a guest’s internet connection. ASTORIA HOTEL reserves the right to pass on any records to the authorities if required to do so. ASTORIA HOTEL accepts no responsibility for any virus that may be received following a guest’s use of the internet; we recommend that your equipment has sufficient software protection.
– Other Chargeable Services: Details of additional chargeable services at ASTORIA HOTEL apartments are available on request; e.g. extra cleaning.
5. Arrivals and Departures
Apartments are available for check-in between 12.00pm and 4.00pm Arrivals after 4.00pm without prior arrangement will be considered a no show and the guest will not be allowed occupation and full charges will apply.
Check-out is by 10 am on day of departure. Any additional hours of occupation outside the available times in each period of 24 hours will be charged as one extra day unless otherwise agreed. Key collection details will be provided to the booker prior to the check-in date. Many apartments operate unmanned receptions so access codes and other relevant details will be provided only after a booking is confirmed. It is then the booker’s responsibility to ensure that the guests have the keys, access codes and other relevant information, provided to them by ASTORIA HOTEL, to allow guests to access the apartments.
– Parking Spaces. Where parking is available, there is one parking space per apartment. In order to book a parking space your registration details will be required
6. Changes and Cancellations
Once a booking has been confirmed by us, should you wish to change your booking, all requests for changes must be made in writing and ASTORIA HOTEL will do their best to help. Where changes can be made an administration fee of £25 + VAT per booking will be payable to ASTORIA HOTEL once any change has been made together with any other resulting costs (for example any increase in price).
All changes of date are subject to availability. Should any change be rejected, the original booking will be re-instated. Name changes or child age changes will not incur any charges or administration fee.
– Requests for cancellations and changes must be emailed to ASTORIA HOTEL’s Reservation Team during office hours; 8.30am – 6.00pm Monday to Friday.
– Cancellation charges will be applied in relation to the notice period between notification of cancellation and the date of stay at each apartment within a booking
– Transaction fees are non-refundable.
There will be no cancellation charge, if a booking is cancelled before 10am, 7 days before your date of arrival. If the booking is cancelled within the 7 days before arrival, the full amount will be charged.
Non-arrivals will be treated as a cancellation and will be subject to a 100% cancellation charge.
If you wish to cancel or change an extended booking (see “Extensions” below), you will be liable to pay the total charges for the extended period. These charges apply to notification advised prior to arrival and/or during your stay.
ASTORIA HOTEL reserves the right to treat an early departure or reduction in the number of nights or apartments booked which results in a reduction in the overall charges payable as a cancellation.
ASTORIA HOTEL does not expect to have to make any changes to your booking, however, occasionally bookings have to be changed or cancelled or errors in information or other details corrected. ASTORIA HOTEL, reserves the right to do so. If this does happen, ASTORIA HOTEL will contact you by telephone or email where reasonably possible to explain what has happened and inform you of the cancellation or change. If a change has to be made (and the change is not acceptable to you) or your booking has to be cancelled ASTORIA HOTEL will, if possible and as soon as is reasonably practical, offer you an alternative apartment (from the range advertised by ASTORIA HOTEL) of similar type and standard in a similar location for the same period. As the alternative property is likely to be operated by a different preferred supplier to that of the original apartment booked, the advertised cost of the alternative apartment will be payable. If the alternative apartment is advertised at a lower price, you will receive a refund (if you have already paid the total accommodation charges) of the price difference. If you do not wish to accept a change or any alternative apartment offered or ASTORIA HOTEL cannot offer you a suitable alternative apartment, you will be entitled to cancel your booking and receive a full refund of all monies paid to ASTORIA HOTEL. You should tell ASTORIA HOTEL as soon as reasonably possible whether you wish to accept any change or alternative apartment offered or alternatively if you want a refund.
ASTORIA HOTEL defines a group as being three apartments or more being booked in the same location for similar dates. For group bookings, the minimum cancellation charges that will apply per group booking regardless of length of stay is 50% of the total cost.
If you wish to extend a stay, ASTORIA HOTEL requires notice in writing. Please give as much notice as possible in order to facilitate your request. All extensions are subject to availability and rate change. Failure to give ASTORIA HOTEL notice in writing of an intention to extend a stay may result in your apartment being booked by another guest.
•Where notice of intention to extend your stay has been given, ASTORIA HOTEL reserves the right to take all additional payments and charges from any credit/debit card used to make the original booking (plus any further deposit requirements). Where payment has been made by cheque or bank transfer, an invoice for the requested extended period will be sent to the billing address provided at the time of booking and payment must be made by return.
•No administration fee is payable when a booking is extended.
All apartments are occupied as serviced apartments and on the basis that no rights of tenancy are created, If this contract is with an individual person (as opposed to a company) then by entering into this agreement the person is declaring that the apartment booked is not his / her principal place of residence.
– The number of people permitted to occupy each apartment is limited to the number of beds. In some apartments extra beds can be provided and this will be at a charge to be agreed at the time of booking. If the number of people permitted to occupy an apartment is exceeded, ASTORIA HOTEL may refuse access to the accommodation and either reserves the right to charge for additional apartments
– You and your party must comply with any rules and regulations set by ASTORIA HOTEL. We recommend that you take time to familiarize yourself with the safety procedures in the apartments, the building and local area, paying particular attention to fire evacuation details and security
– Where internet or broadband connectivity is available, you agree to use such services in a responsible manner and not for any illegal purpose.
ASTORIA HOTEL shall use reasonable endeavors’ to retain any items left in apartments for up to 3 months after the guest’s departure date. Please email info@ASTORIA Hotel.co.uk for enquiries relating to any lost items
9. Website and accommodation.
Reasonable care has been taken that the content of the ASTORIA HOTEL website (and/or other means of promotion or advertising) is correct but it is subject to amendment at any time without notice. All content on the ASTORIA HOTEL website (and/or other means of promotion or advertising) is published in good faith. Given the above factors, ASTORIA HOTEL does not warrant that any of the content on the ASTORIA HOTEL website (and/or other means of promotion or advertising) accurately or completely describes any of the apartments. ASTORIA HOTEL’s web site may link to other web sites and ASTORIA HOTEL are not responsible for the data policies, content or security of these linked web sites.
You should note the following points about ASTORIA HOTEL operated serviced apartments:
– Apartments are individual and vary in style, size and layout so furnishing details is not uniform ally standard. Although accommodation and location are confirmed in advance, the exact apartment cannot be guaranteed prior to arrival
– The ASTORIA HOTEL website (and/or other means of promotion or advertising) may contain a plan of the layout of the apartment. The plan will only be a general representation of the accommodation. Actual unit size, design, fixtures, furnishings and facilities may vary from those shown on the plan
In relation to ASTORIA HOTEL operated apartments the following restrictions apply as standard.
– Smoking: ASTORIA HOTEL operate a non-smoking policy.
– Pets: ASTORIA HOTEL regrets that pets are not allowed in the apartments.
ASTORIA HOTEL are responsible for its own operated apartments, subject to these conditions. ASTORIA HOTEL, are not responsible for the theft and/or damage of your personal belongings during your stay in any apartments booked. Therefore you are advised to ensure you have appropriate insurances in place.
All warranties, conditions and other terms implied by statute or common law or otherwise are, to the fullest extent permitted by law, excluded from any contract with ASTORIA HOTEL and these conditions shall apply in their place.
However, nothing in these terms and conditions shall affect your statutory rights if you are a consumer. Nothing in these terms and conditions limits or excludes the liability of ASTORIA HOTEL for death or personal injury resulting from negligence; or for any damage or liability incurred by you
As a result of fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation by ASTORIA HOTEL, or any liability that cannot by law be excluded.
Subject to the paragraph above, ASTORIA HOTEL shall not be liable for any loss of profits, loss of business, depletion of goodwill and/or similar losses, loss of anticipated savings, loss of goods, loss of contract, loss of use, loss of corruption of data or information, or any special, indirect, consequential or pure economic loss, costs, damages, charges or expenses.
If you are booking for, as or on behalf of a business or business employee, that business shall indemnify ASTORIA HOTEL against all liabilities, costs, expenses, damages and losses (including any direct or indirect consequential losses, loss of profit, loss of reputation and all interest, penalties and legal and other reasonable professional costs and expenses) suffered or incurred by ASTORIA HOTEL arising out of or in connection with your, or your business’, breach or negligent performance or non- performance of these terms and conditions. If you are booking for, as, or on behalf of a business or business employee, ASTORIA HOTEL’s total liability in contract, tort (including negligence or breach of statutory duty), misrepresentation, restitution or otherwise arising in connection with the performance or contemplated performance of your booking shall be limited to the fees paid to ASTORIA HOTEL under your booking.
All apartments advertised on the ASTORIA HOTEL website or on ASTORIA HOTEL printed literature are managed in accordance with local national laws including health and safety and insurance. You also understand that although a preferred supplier may comply with local national laws, the rights and remedies under such laws may be different to that of England and Wales.
ASTORIA HOTEL shall not be liable for any failure or delay in performance of its obligations which results directly or indirectly from any cause or circumstance which is beyond its reasonable control. The following shall be regarded as examples of such circumstances: act of God, outbreak of hostilities, riot, civil disturbance, acts of terrorism, revolution, the act of any government or authority (including but not limited to refusal or revocation of any licence or consent), fire, flood, lightning, explosion, fog or bad weather, interruption or failure of a utility service (including but not limited to electricity, gas, water or telecommunications), renovations undertaken at the property, strikes, lockouts or boycotts, embargo, blockade.
Other than in relation to death or personal injury caused by ASTORIA HOTEL’s negligence, or any other liability that by law cannot be excluded or restricted, ASTORIA HOTEL’s liability to you in relation to these conditions is limited to the higher of (i) GBP £500; and (ii) the value of the booking made with ASTORIA HOTEL.
Although ASTORIA HOTEL will make every effort to ensure that guests enjoy a peaceful stay, ASTORIA HOTEL cannot guarantee, or be held responsible for any failure or interruption of, services to the apartment or the building, including electricity, air conditioning, water or any damage, telephone, broadband, internet and other communications, disruption or noise caused as a result of repair works being carried out in another part of the property. However, upon notification by a guest/booker, ASTORIA HOTEL will use its best endeavors to maintain and rectify (within a reasonable period of time) all services and issues (within reason) to ASTORIA HOTEL operated apartments, and will use reasonable endeavors to ensure any preferred supplier is made aware of, and rectifies, such problems within a reasonable period.
13- Feedback and Complaints
ASTORIA HOTEL aims to deliver the best possible service, but in the unlikely event that you are dissatisfied with the service offered, you should notify ASTORIA HOTEL in writing or by email as soon as possible in relation to any complaint about the booking service. In relation to any complaint about the
apartment, you should notify the apartment manager as soon as possible in the first instance. If the problem cannot be resolved during your stay, you should contact our Management Team on 0121 454 0795 or email email@example.com. Our policy is to acknowledge any complaint within five working days, advising you of who is dealing with your concerns and attempt to address them.
ASTORIA HOTEL reserves the right to change these conditions from time to time. Should guests be in breach of any of these conditions, ASTORIA HOTEL reserves the right to request that guests vacate their apartment within 24 hours. These conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and the Courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to any claim, dispute or difference concerning these conditions and any matter arising from them.